Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Photography | Chris Anthony

Photobucket

Discovered a link to an upcoming exhibition of Chris Anthony's latest collection, I'm the Most Normal Person I Know, on Boing Boing. Gothic themes haven't usually inspired me a great deal, but I find as I get older, I'm more attracted to them than I was as a teenager (the age it seems most usual someone falls in love with gothic imagery). Anyway, upon a little web browsing, I also discovered that he's the photographer behind the gorgeous Playstation campaign from a year ago that showed various gaming icons in a state of bloodied carnage from overuse. Even though some of his work clearly uses some photoshop techniques, they seem rather intentionally sophmoric and, I think, add to the overall effect of the photographs imaginary dreamscapes.

No comments: